To Get What You Want, Ask Yourself This Simple Question
If you’ve seen me for an acupuncture treatment recently you’ve probably noticed I’ve gotten a little thick around the middle. I’m happy to tell you that I haven’t fallen off my own nutrition program wagon… I’m 4 months pregnant! 🙂
Becoming pregnant was one of my main goals last year, and it didn’t come as easily as I’d hoped. When a goal or desire doesn’t come easily to me, it forces me to do some soul searching. Which is always a good thing.
One of the best pieces of advice I received was from my mom–of course. 😉 She told me to ask myself this simple question in order to make anything I want to happen, happen:
What will it take?
This question is genius and does two things:
1) It opens up your mind to the positive instead of focusing on the negative. Your mind is instantly pointed toward possibilities and solutions instead of fixating on the fact that you haven’t yet reached your goal.
2) This subtle but powerful shift changes your mindset, your attitude, and your energy, therefore what you attract into your life. This is where the magic happens.
These are some of the things I wrote down when answering the question: What will it take to get pregnant?
Take the pressure off myself.
Get out of my head.
Let go of the fear of childbirth.
Take excellent care of my spirit, mind, and body.
Make room in my life for a baby.
Trust in the divine flow.
Know that I don’t need a baby to be happy.
Assistance from God.
After writing this list, changes started naturally occurring in my life. I stopped using chemical-filled beauty products and steroid creams that were contraindicated during pregnancy, I made room in my closet for someone else’s stuff, I stuck to my nutrition program and took my supplements every day, I drank less alcohol, rested more, my husband and I started creating a more peaceful environment between our household pets.
These are just a few of the things that, looking back, were a result of asking myself that simple question, and played a role in my fertility on multiple levels.
Since becoming pregnant, I have applied this question to countless other obstacles in my life, and it keeps working! I’m amazed by the simplicity and effectiveness of this technique, and I wanted to share it with you so that you can achieve the goals in your life whether they are financial, personal, spiritual, mental, emotional, career, job, or health-related.
1) Try it and see what happens!
2) As always, leave a comment below and let me know what you think of this post. Are there any obstacles or goals you feel discouraged by? Have you done something similar to this exercise and had it work? I’d love to hear from you!
3) If you liked this post, “like” it and share it with your friends and family using the fun buttons to the left. And if you’re a Pinterest junkie like me, now you can pin my blog posts! 🙂