Drastically Improve Your Fertility Using This Little Known Method
As an acupuncturist and women’s health specialist, I treat numerous infertility cases at my clinic where I almost always make recommendations to improve the digestion.
Why improve the digestion to increase fertility?
From a Chinese medicine perspective, your digestive health is reflective of the health of your Spleen Qi. Your Spleen Qi is responsible for holding a pregnancy, preventing miscarriage, producing enough blood to have regular cycles, and absorbing the proper nutrients to nourish an embryo.
Women with weak Spleen Qi can suffer from fatigue, dizziness, nausea, low appetite, weight gain, lack of motivation, light or missing periods, spotting, PMS, irregular menses, and frequent miscarriage, among other symptoms.
Here are 6 simple things you can do to improve your digestion which will strengthen your Spleen Qi, and as a result, drastically boost your fertility:
1) Take digestive enzymes and probiotics. Digestive enzymes will help improve the nutrient absorption from your food, relieve gas and bloating, and regulate bowel movements. They can be taken as needed. Probiotics, when taken regularly over time, can help heal and nourish your digestion by re-populating necessary gut bacteria.
2) Drink warm water with lemon in the morning. Similar to digestive enzymes, drinking warm lemon water will gently “wake up” your digestion, stimulate and aid your natural digestive enzymes, and cleanse the liver, allowing your digestion to work more effectively throughout the day.
3) Eat small, frequent meals, and take 100 steps afterwards. Eating small, frequent meals during the day keeps your digestion from getting overloaded and “stuck.” Taking a short walk, at least 100 steps, after eating a meal helps your digestion tremendously by getting your Qi (energy) and blood moving.
4) Primarily eat warm foods and spices that are easy to digest. In Chinese medicine, we view the digestion as a fire. We don’t want the fire to be raging, but we don’t want it to burn out, either. Our aim is to keep the fire moderately burning. Eating lots of cold, raw foods puts out the fire.
To best support your digestion, primarily eat warm foods that are easy to digest like soups, stews, porridge, well cooked grains, steamed or lightly cooked vegetables with warm spices like cinnamon, ginger, fennel, orange peel, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg, black and white pepper.
5) Increase your fiber and water intake. Keep your digestion running smoothly (which means eliminating 2-3 times per day) and free of toxins by having adequate amounts of fiber and water every day.
To calculate the correct water intake, take half your body weight and drink that number in ounces daily. For example, if you weigh 140 pounds, you need to be drinking 70 ounces of water per day (preferably filtered). Remember, when you increase your fiber intake, be sure to increase your water intake as well, or you will experience gas and bloating.
6) Limit dairy and gluten. Nobody should be eating high amounts of gluten or dairy. We are not baby cows, and gluten is not a necessary nutrient for living. 😉 Too much dairy and gluten cause inflammation in the digestive system, which can translate to inflammation throughout the entire body leading to a wide spectrum of issues.
However, small amounts of dairy can help to support the Yin, which aids in fertility, so I recommend goat instead of cow dairy, which is easier to digest and causes less “phlegm” and “stagnation” according to Chinese medicine. Always make sure you buy organic dairy products to minimize extra hormones in your diet, especially when trying to conceive.
If you liked this post and want to learn more about improving your fertility and getting pregnant, I have exciting news for you!
Registration opens August 1st for my next session of Fertile Woman 21-Day Online Event. Become your own fertility expert in 21 short days and never feel in the dark about your fertility again.
Click here to learn more and join the waiting list to get instant access to a free Sneak Preview of the program.