Just because PMS is common, doesn’t mean it’s normal, or that you should have to suffer through it every month.
Fortunately, there are some simple practices you can do at home to make your period a happy, smooth experience.
In this week’s episode of Whole Woman Wednesday, learn my three favorite Chinese medicine tricks to eliminate or greatly reduce PMS.
Click play above to watch my quick, four minute video.
In today’s episode, I talk about eliminating caffeine and alcohol the week before your period is due. Try these healthy alternatives, listed below, to help you achieve that goal.
Healthy alternatives to alcohol and caffeine:
- Teeccino, a wonderful coffee-like substitute made with chicory root which is high in potassium, giving you a natural energy boost that also promotes bowel movements, just like coffee! And I love the rich taste.
- Green tea actually helps to smooth the Liver Qi, from a Chinese Medicine perspective, and the small amount of caffeine can help you with the transition from coffee.
- Swiss water process decaf coffee is much healthier than other decaf coffee made via toxic chemical processes.
- Pomegranate juice and sparkling water in a wine glass is a wonderful substitute to fill that void in your hand when socializing or enjoying dinner.
- De-stressing or “me” time rituals like journaling, taking a bath, meditation, yoga, reading a good book, going out with friends, making a cup of tea, or getting a massage can all help to satisfy the feeling we’re looking for when we reach for our most loved vice.
If you like today’s video, please share it with your friends and family.
And be sure to subscribe to my newsletter here to get Whole Woman Wednesday delivered straight to your inbox every week.
If you have a specific question or topic you’d like me to address in an upcoming episode, comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you next Wednesday! XO
Photo: Lisa Rundall Photography