Do you ever feel like your To Do list is a mile long? Do you feel easily overwhelmed with too many things on your plate? Do you want more time to do things that bring you joy?
I have been using this technique for years and it always amazes me how well it works! Taken from one of my all time favorite books, Ask And It Is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks, The Place Mat Process is an invaluable tool that you will benefit from instantly.
This exercise will teach you how to get more done with less effort.
As a business owner, acupuncturist, wealth and health coach, and mom-to-be, my list of things to do seems to have doubled or even tripled recently! When I feel weighed down by all the tasks I need to accomplish in a day, I know I am not showing up as my best self to the people I serve, and I’m not experiencing the true joy of life.
Here’s exactly how to cure overwhelm in less than 5 minutes:
1) Get a large piece of paper, like a paper place mat (hence “The Place Mat Process”). It doesn’t have to be a place mat, just something that you feel you have enough room to completely empty all the tasks floating around in your head.
2) Draw a line down the center of the paper.
3) On one side write, “Things I Will Do Today,” and on the other side write, “Things I Would Like the Universe To Do.”
4) Look at your original To Do list and pick only a handful of things you absolutely intend to get done today or that you would like to do today. Write those things under “Things I Will Do Today.”
5) Write all the other tasks on the other side of your paper under “Things I Would Like the Universe To Do.” It doesn’t matter if they are things that need to get done in the next week or 10 years. Write it all down.
You will notice yourself feeling instantly lighter as you delegate things, one by one, to your Universal Manager. And you will be amazed when the first thing on that list gets accomplished without any action or attention from you!
You may also notice things flowing easier in your life. You may feel like you have more time to get the things done that you want, meetings with the right people will line up at the right time and with less effort, etc.
If you liked this post, “like” it and share with your friends and family using the fun buttons on the left. And leave a comment below letting me know what you think of this exercise!
Click here and join hundreds of other subscribers to receive this Manifestation Blog Series and more tips, tricks and special info delivered straight to your inbox.
To your cleared plate!