Watch today’s episode of Whole Woman Wednesday to get my best nutrition advice for eating throughout the four phases of your cycle in order to reduce PMS and boost fertility if you’re trying to conceive.
So you don’t have to remember the foods I list in today’s video, I’ve included a quick summary for you below. 😉
Phase 1: Menstruation
- Eat foods rich in iron to help your body replenish blood loss like meat, eggs, fish, kelp, spinach, broccoli, dried fruits, and sunflower seeds.
- Include foods rich in Vitamin C to help absorb the iron like citrus, mangos, cherries, potatoes, tomatoes, cantaloupe, strawberries, peas, and watercress.
Phase 2: Pre-ovulation
- Eat foods rich in Vitamin E to nourish and support a maturing follicle like cold-pressed oils, sweet potatoes, avocados, leafy greens, nuts, seeds, and whole grains.
- Avoid alcohol now most of all.
Phase 3: Ovulation
- Get plenty of B vitamins which aid in releasing the egg and implantation (aka Kidney Yin nourishing foods) like leafy greens, whole grains, eggs, and meat.
- Eat foods rich in Zinc, which helps with cell division and progesterone production like meat, fish, poultry, wheat germ, eggs, and whole grains.
Phase 4: Potential Implantation
- Eat warming foods (aka Kidney Yang nourishing foods) and avoid cold, raw foods.
- If you typically experience PMS, limit processed foods, refined sugar, alcohol, and coffee and increase fiber and water intake to help your body eliminate estrogen more effectively.
Click here to choose your program and find out the exact dates for each one.
If you liked today’s video, please share it on social media using the handy-dandy buttons on the left!
Thanks for watching, and thank you for taking steps to heal yourself so that together we can heal the world.
Much love and gratitude.
See you next Wednesday! XO
Photo: Lisa Rundall Photography
Outfit styling: Hiris & Co